How to Make the Most of Your Staffing Agency Partnership
Find the right candidates while saving time and money.
Finding the right person for the job is no easy task. Thankfully, the right agency can make the process easier and save you countless hours and dollars in the meantime.
Let’s dive into some ways you can maximize this critical business relationship.
1. Create an Open Dialogue
Millions of dollars and hours are wasted every year on bad hires. Fortunately, spotting and selecting successful candidates are what staffing agencies do best. But they can’t do it without a true understanding of your business. Help your staffing agency help you by having a candid conversation about more than just the skills required to do the job.
- Be sure to cover any known challenges in the role.
- If you’re looking to backfill a position, share characteristics of previous employees who succeeded (and those who struggled).
- Speak frankly about corporate culture.
Open, honest conversation can only help your staffing agency identify the right match.
2. Make Your Business a Better Place to Work
A staffing agency can hand deliver you the ideal candidate, but if your business doesn’t stack up, it’s back to reviewing resumes. So how do you attract the best talent? You make your company a great place to work.
A good staffing agency will be knowledgeable about various aspects of the recruiting landscape, from salary expectations to benefit packages. They should know specifics around what desirable professionals value and what competitive companies out there are willing to offer. So, listen closely.
Consider This: Here’s some advice from SHRM about 2020 benefit trends: “Companies need to offer benefits that meet the needs of today’s diverse, multigenerational workforce and bring real value to their lives.”
It makes sense if you think about it. Tuition reimbursement options may be of value to younger generations, but expanded telehealth benefits may be of value to older generations.
Don’t wait to take a fresh look at your offerings. Take the time to think about how you can provide more value where it will be most appreciated. It doesn’t necessarily have to cost you more money to offer a more flexible range of benefit options.
What You Can Expect
Reviewing applications, interviewing candidates and negotiating salaries are arduous and time-consuming tasks. When you work with a staffing agency, you can defer the time and cost spent on recruiting and hiring responsibilities.
- Writing job descriptions. Your staffing agency can not only write job descriptions, but they can also advertise the position. Some agencies even have a pool of pre-screened candidates they can reach out to when the right opportunities come along.
- Vetting candidates. Scheduling and conducting interviews take time. Staffing agencies can review applicants in the initial phase to screen for necessary experience and qualifications. That way, you only spend your time meeting the most qualified applicants.
- Making an offer. Seasoned staffing consultants know a great interview doesn’t necessarily equate with a great candidate. You can rely on them to identify candidates capable of hitting the ground running.
The ultimate goal of a staffing agency partnership is to help you find experienced, top-performing professionals while saving time and money. Work with an agency that views you as a true partner and strives to better understand your unique business needs. And expect results. It may take some trial and error, but demand a staffing agency that consistently delivers superior service and qualified candidates.
Potential Impact to the Bottom Line
Empty chairs can tank productivity, and that directly impacts the bottom line. When critical roles are lacking, projects are postponed as an effect. Improvement initiatives are backlogged. New business may be put on hold due to lack of resources. The potential downslide in productivity can add up real dollars lost in no time.
How Can RHQ Help?
At Resourcing HQ, we believe our clients’ success results from our long-term partnerships. And for over 20 years, we’ve been matching businesses with talented professionals. Let us get to know you and your staffing needs. Reach out today! And while you’re on our website, check out our new Free Assessment. Just answer a few brief questions for instant feedback on your current staffing needs.